I'd like to think that I am pretty good at piecing anything, but the drunkards path block was not my cup of tea. Those curves take forever because of all the pinning I needed to do to keep an accurate seam allowance. As I was sewing the drunkards path blocks together I noticed that one side doesn't fit as well on the small piece. Since the cut pieces are on the bias I didn't want to stretch it too much so I ended up clipping about an 1/8" along the curved side that doesn't fit well. It made it so much easier to sew.
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
The Summer is ending shortly for us with school starting soon. The weather has been so hot. I've been trying to get some sewing done but all my family wants to do was head to the beach so off we go. Have to create those wonderful Summer memories while they're still home.
On to the quilting or lack there off. I have been deciding on how to get my Summer Solstice blocks done.