Since I already had my embroidery machine out, I thought I would use Caroline's embroidery pattern to make another project. I have some leather that has been sitting for a while and have been wanting to use it.
I felt I could squeeze in a quick project using Aurifil's 50 wt. thread and Art Gallery Fabric's floral denim. I also used AGF's linen blend for the lining. I started drafting this convertible clutch and putting them together as I went along. There were some mistakes along the way as I was trying to see how best to make the embroidery design work and pairing it with the denim and real leather. Then there's the decision on interfacing. I like my bags to have shape and be sturdy.
I really love how it turned out. I used some leftover large pieces of leather to make a tassel for the zipper pull. I think I can get used to sewing with leather. It wasn't that hard to do. I think the tassel would make a nice key fob also and a great use of small leftover leather pieces.
Due to time constraint I wasn't able to make the shoulder strap or put the pattern together for this clutch. This is a nice size and I can't wait to use it.