These blocks have been sitting in my drawer for three years. I didn't realize how long until I looked back on my posts. I made extra blocks as I went along during the quit along because I wanted a good size quilt. I taped the blocks to my wall to make it easier for me to sew them into rows. Btw, this is not my design wall, I don't have one. This wall just stays empty so I finally put it to good use ;D
As I was putting the quilt together I didn't notice that something wasn't quite as I had laid them out until I took the photo. It's ok, I can live with it. I love the fact that I was able to use up a lot of my purple fabrics and the quilt is nice and scrappy. The purple border is one of Benartex's Fossil Fern fabrics when it was first released so many years ago.
I haven't sewn sashing strips in a long time so I had to remember how I used to do it to keep the vertical strips lined up since I had to connect them to the horizontal strips. It takes just a couple of minutes more to make sure they line up but well worth it. I am off to sew away to complete one more goal for this month. I'll share as soon as I am done.
Linking to the following: