My OMG (one monthly goal) project was supposed to be a quick one to finish but I decided to change things up a bit as I went along. I was only going to make a couple of zipper pouches out of the fabrics that I had already cut, but then I added some vegan leather to it and as I went along and writing things down for the pattern I turned them into bags.
Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Monday, January 30, 2017
Saturday, January 28, 2017
I have really enjoyed the Flora Supply Case sew along hosted by Jennie. It gave me a chance to use up some of my fabrics and make something that I can use. I did a crosshatch machine quilting by eyeballing my lines.
Friday, January 27, 2017
Happy Friday! This is going to be a very long post. I've been trying to get as much sewing and knitting time in as I can to use my stash up a bit. I buy a ball or two of yarn here and there for certain projects but didn't get to them so now to use it up I started making small projects. I knit whenever I sit down at night to watch one of my favorite shows that we DVR. This ball of yarn is supposed to be variegated but it wasn't like other variegated yarns I've bought before. The striping is quite different as you can see from the photos.
Friday, January 20, 2017
I have been trying to finish all the components for the En Provence quilt. I was able to figure out a shortcut for the hourglass blocks and that saved some time, but still required a lot of sewing. I then didn't realize that I miscalculated how much fabric I needed to cut so I have a ton of leftover blocks. Looks like there's going to be another scrappy quilt coming after this one is done.
These hourglass blocks took me forever to trim. I also decided to change out the solid yellow square
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
I was able to spend some time sewing the inside pockets of the Flora Supply Case. These fabrics are all from my stash. I was going to use mesh for a couple of the pockets as the pattern instructed but when I needed it I couldn't find it.
The pattern did not call for interfacing for the inside lining or the zipper pocket, but I went ahead and added the interfacing.
Friday, January 13, 2017
Happy Friday! I am going to lump a bunch of things into this one post today because there's a lot going on especially with free classes and buy one get one offers. Up first are my progress with the En Provence mystery quilt along. I managed to finish cutting and marking all of my fabrics to make half square triangles and quarter triangles
Thursday, January 12, 2017
As I was going through to organize my crafty things, I found full skeins of yarn for some projects I was wanting to make last year. Since this year it's all about using up stuff I didn't want to buy anymore yarn. I decided the best way to use up stuff is to make a project that only uses what I have on hand.
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
A couple of weeks ago I started on this crochet infinity scarf. The yarn was from a sock project I was supposed to work on but the sock came out all funky. I ended up ripping it apart because socks are really hard for me. I'll have to do that another time. Since I didn't use this yarn for the socks, I wanted an easy project to use it up. I've made this crochet scarf before because it's a quick project to whip up.
Monday, January 9, 2017
Since most of my family is on a long college semester break, I've been trying to get squeeze in some sewing time to get things finished before school starts next month. One of the things on my list is to finish the En Provence mystery quilt. I realized that I don't have a lot of dark shades of blues so I've been breaking into my stash to try and find some.
I found some navy polka dots and a Denyse Schmidt print that I will incorporate into the quilt.
Saturday, January 7, 2017
When I filmed this video of me freemotion quilting my Summer Solstice quilt I shared a snippet of it on Instagram. I was trying to decide on whether I should shorten or speed up the video once I share it on YouTube. In the end I left it as is.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful time with ringing in the New Year. I've been taking it easy spending time with my family and re-organizing my sewing and craft space. It's looking more manageable so I can see exactly what I need to work on. I have about 10-12 quilt tops that needs to be quilted and 3-4 sets of quilt blocks that needs to be turned into quilt tops.