I've finally finished this garment. I have done buttons before but only one at a time so this was definitely a challenge, but once I got going it was actually quite fun. To recap on this shirt, I used this stripe print from Sarah Jane Studios. I believe this line is retired, but I am sure you can still find them in various online shops. I also added a red Kona solid for the collar to give it a contrasting look and break up the stripes.
The sleeve tab is also in a contrasting red Kona solid. The back of the shirt I changed up the direction of the stripes to give it a different look. It's more fun this way then everything all going in one direction. The back also has two darts to give the shirt shape.
Now, here is what I am working on at the moment. The Esme top is from Sew Liberated. I am using this 30's print that I've had in my stash for years.
This is the front all gathered and sewn together. I'll talk more about this once I post the finished top.