While we went on a short trip out of town in November my girls and I went shopping and stopped by Joann's to look around. DD saw this beautiful knit fabric that she really wanted me to make a dress out of for her.
She decided on the pattern she wanted and it took me a month to finish. Not because it was hard to make. I just didn't have time. After Christmas, I sat down and made a muslin sample and got to working on cutting up the real thing. I really try to avoid stripe fabrics so it took a bit of time for me to match up the stripes before cutting. I really didn't want to make a mistake cutting because this fabric was SO expensive, try $20 per yard and that was the sale price. I have never spent that much on fabric before but it was well worth it to see DD so happy when the dress was done.
She likes the dress a bit longer than the pattern called for and also a bit loose. She loves a loose fit.
This is the back view.
Nice large pockets on the front.