As I was going through my blog and pinning my sewing projects to my Pinterest board so I have everything in one place to reference I remembered I had not shared this sewing project on this blog. I'll get back to the photo in just a bit. When I looked back at
some a lot of the pictures that I've taken over time for my blog I have to say that some of it was so bad. I was just pointing and shooting, didn't really play around with my camera to figure out all the settings. I know you can take very good pictures with a point and shoot camera but I was just happy taking pictures. Then one day my camera broke, replaced it, then it got stolen. A kind lady donated her extra one and that worked great until one day I splurged on a really good camera. I knew then that I had to really figure out how to use it and practice, practice, practice. I am still a long way from getting it right, but for now I am happy with my blog photos again.
Ok, back to this sewing project I did over Halloween last year for my daughter. She didn't want a whole new costume, just a cloak to add to her dress. She was wanting to wear her dress I made the previous year with a minor adjustment. We bought leather cording to replace the ribbons.
As you can see there's the capelet attached to the main portion of the cloak. The pattern called for two capelets, I skipped that one too because DD had this style in mind without the additional capelet. This was one of the easiest clothing patterns I have used in a long time. I whipped it up in a couple of hours because of all the edges I had to finish. I believe DD is going to use it for some other events coming up this year.