Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Costume #2

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had fun going to our church's annual Halloween party Sat. There were a bunch of fun activities for the younger kids. I finished our daughter's costume but had to make minor adjustments because the ribbon I put in was not holding.



I cut all the loops off and inserted grommets to the front. I had to take the shoulder straps apart and placed them in more toward the center since the way the pattern had it, it was cutting into her shoulder. 



Here's a close-up of the grommets


This is a close-up of the lacing on the sleeves.


Overall I did make a bunch of changes to this pattern, but it's really not as hard as it looks. I thought the sleeves on the overdress might give me a bit of trouble because of all the strips I had to put together for the dress, but it wasn't difficult at all. Our daughter loved it. Now she can save it for other fun dress up events like Renaissance Faire or Comic Con :-)