Thursday, April 29, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
I am thinking of auctioning this quilt as part of my daughter's fundraiser. She's close to meeting her goal and payment is due next month.
Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
2. have you ever made any projects from those magazines? and
3. maybe you want to show us the project(s)?
I love to buy the Quilting for Christmas magazines because of all the wonderful holiday projects in there. I have moved my quilting stuff around so I can't seem to locate the year I bought the magazine to make the Nativity quilt.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
I've enjoyed visiting everyone's blog and seeing all the beautiful handbags. It was fun sewing along with everyone.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
BTW...I will be joining the tote bag sewing party this Sat. I will be making the Bella bag from Anka's Treasures. I won the pattern from Kristina of Quilted Treasures. Can't wait to work on it. The bag looks really cute.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Would you like a tutorial for this? If I have alot of requests for the tutorial, I will get it done for you since it takes a bit of time to photograph and write everything up. I just want to make sure there's enough interest before I do it.
Have a SUPER day!
Ribbon (one for necklace, one for flower)
Embroidery Floss/Silk thread
1. Cut your ribbon about 50" or depending on how long you would like your necklace to hang. Allow for at least one inch per bead. Determine your starting point by dividing the number of beads in half and add 1" per bead. Start measuring from the center towards the end of one side of your ribbon to determine starting point. Sew a really good knot to start make sure it's secure and won't come out of the ribbon.
Thread one bead. See the picture below how I pinched the ribbon to wrap around the bead? This is to line up the ribbon to the bead's hole. Put your needle through the ribbon. You'll weave the beads around the ribbon back and forth until you've used up your beads. Secure the thread as you did in the beginning. Take your ribbon and make a knot. This will hide the threaded knot you've made. You can see this knot in the finished necklace I wore.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Click on the buttons below and go make some new friends. Have a great weekend!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
1) Finish the Schnibble's Decoy quilt. I was working on it but then I modified a couple of things then got sidetracked. This month I will definitely get it done.
2) A handbag I was supposed to make and create a pattern for which I didn't get done so that needs to be done.
Sorry no pictures. I can't seem to make up my mind on fabrics.